We Own It: Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers
When building our house, one of the features we desired was whole house audio with in-Ceiling Speakers . I quickly realize that pricing for audio equipment varied greatly. Prices for wall / ceiling speakers started at $20 a pair all the way up to several hundred dollars a pair. We desired a quality sounding speaker, at a reasonable price. After reading many reviews, the 5-1/4″ Kevlar in Ceiling speaker seemed to meet this criteria. The pricing is what first caught us. You can pick up a pair for around $50. They are flush to the ceiling, which makes them nearly invisible. The clarity is amazing. We have six speakers located downstairs and I am impressed with the full sound that it gives. For the price, Kevlar in-Ceiling speakers are the best you are going to find.
It takes about ten minutes to install one. Using the template, carefully cut a hole the drywall. Wire the speaker and then remove the grill with the tool that is included. Place the speaker into the ceiling and with a phillip screwdriver lock it into place. It’s that easy. The only issue that I ran into was I used 14 gage wire and it was a little tight getting the wire in. Not a huge issue, but the only complaint that I have with installing.
Specs from Manufacture:
- Light & rigid, well balanced, Yellow Woven Kevlar Cone Woofers for distortion free reproduction.
- Oversized Magnets for more impactful bass.
- Precision Titanium Silk Membrane Dome Tweeters for sweeter highs and pure sonic clarity.
- Pivoting tweeters allow you to point the accoustics to the prime listening position for a more accurate and immersive sonic experience.
- Adjustable Crossover switch allows you to match the speakers to the sonic characteristics of your listening environment and the location in which you place them. ,50W Nomimal and 100W Maximum Power Capacity ensure that these drivers won””””t be overdriven or easily blown out., 8 Ohms Standard Impediance ensure they can be safely driven by even the most modest home theater receivers